Home Inspection Services
A home inspection is a visual inspection of the accessible systems, components and materials of the home and generally takes two to three hours to complete. Using “HomeGauge” inspection software, a computer-generated inspection report is submitted to the client at the end of the inspection.
Pest Inspection Services
Upon request from you, we can schedule a wood destroying insect inspection (pest inspection), performed by a licensed pest inspection company which can be completed at the same time as the home inspection.
Radon testing is at minimum a 48 hour (2 day) test using a Radalink continuous radon monitor. Air samples are collected hourly during the testing period, then averaged to determine the final radon level result. Results at 4.0 and above are recommended by the EPA to be mitigated.
Safety First Home Inspections provides residential property inspections throughout Northern Ohio and specializes in the Greater Cleveland area. Our job is to assess the overall condition of the property and provide a detailed report to aid you in your decision, help you negotiate price, and provide you with a list of recommended maintenance priorities and needed repairs.
Types of Inspections
Buyer Pre-Purchase Inspections
1. Reveals any safety issues and the need for any repairs. 2. Provides you with detailed information on such items as location of utilities, operation of the home’s systems and components. 3. Can limit the amount of unforeseen issues. 4. Is a powerful bargaining tool during the negotiation of the sale.
Seller Pre-Listing Inspections
1. Affords you the opportunity to acquire information on the current condition of your home and make repairs prior to selling
2. Buyers are often attracted to homes that are in move-in condition as to those which are in need of several repairs. 3. Last minute repair issues could delay closing. 4. Buyer will be pleased to know you are a committed seller.
We Also Inspect
Condominiums | Apartment Buildings | Multi-Family Units
- Roof, Vents, Flashings and Trim
- Gutters and Downspouts
- Skylights, Chimneys and Roof Penetrations
- Lots and Grounds
- Basements, Foundations and Crawlspaces
- Structural Components
- Heating and Cooling
- Sump Pumps
- Insulation and Ventilation
- Built-In Appliances
Need a pest inspection, mold testing or a septic inspection? We have wonderful contractors on referral who specialize in these areas and are available to meet with us the same time as the home inspection.